Welcome to the Department of World Languages!
Our Department Mission Statement:
"Speaking a second language can open the world for you"
We offer three languages in the department of World Languages: French, Italian and Spanish. Here are a few suggestions we would like to share with you for a successful year:
- There is homework every night
- There is extra help before, during and after school
- Daily review of notes
- Do not wait until the night before to study, it should be done on a daily basis!
: In French Bien Dit -
level 1,2,3, $69.00 In Italian Avanti , Ciao,
Prego - levels 1,2,3 $68.00,$78.00, $93.00 In Spanish Descubre level 1,2,3 $72.00
Upcoming Events: International Night, Friday, 11/18/16
Italian Pasta Bash, Friday, 3/3/17
World Languages' Week, 3/6-3/10/17
National Exams, 3/13-3/17/17
World Languages' National Honor
Society Induction Dinner, Thursday, 4/20/17
What are the benefits of knowing a second language?
- Students of world languages score statistically higher on standardize tests conducted in English.
- In most cases, learning another language enhances a child's English ability.
- Students of world languages have an access to a greater number of career possibilities.
- Americans fluent in other languages enhance our economic competitiveness abroad, improve our global communication, and maintain our political and security interests.
- Knowing a second language ultimately provides a competitive advantage in the workforce by opening up additional job opportunities.